I have no idea how Henry is four years old already.
At his four-year-old checkup, he weighed 38 pounds and has grown to 41 inches tall, putting him in the 69th percentile for weight and the 58th percentile for height. He’s growing healthy and strong. He did NOT like getting two shots, but had no reaction and was fine within minutes of receiving them.
Sleep remains a challenge. It takes several tries to keep him in bed following a lengthy bedtime routine, and once he finally falls asleep he wakes up and we frequently find him in bed with us. This frustrates me, but his extroverted self just doesn’t enjoy being alone. We have recently created a sleeping bag pallet for him next to our bed for him to go to if he has a bad dream; hopefully, it will work. He still takes one nap a day, usually for 90 minutes or so, except for when he’s at Oma and Opa’s and he sleeps for several hours. He spends two days a week at Oma and Opa’s, which allows Elliot free reign of the house and Henry to get one on one time. Everyone wins.
His favorite things include playing at playgrounds with other kids, dancing (especially to the Go Noodle app), Star Wars toys, building ships, going to Sunday School, and reading. He’s taking swim lessons this summer in the hopes of making him a more confident swimmer, and he loved (except for when he flipped out) playing soccer at the YMCA this past year.
We had a family birthday dinner the night before his actual birthday with the theme – Dragons Love Tacos – because everyone loves a taco party! Instead of having a friend party, we invited his best friend, Maddie, to visit the Lowry Park Zoo with us on his birthday. Henry loved the dinosaur exhibit (Maddie, not so much), and they both loved seeing the animals, riding the rides, and especially playing in the splash pad. We had a fun day, capped off with ice cream for dessert.
He starts part-time VPK at Little Lambs, our church’s preschool, in August. He is excited and optimistic about it, but sad to leave mama and Elliot at home in the mornings. I’m sure he will forget all about us after school starts. May the force be with whoever gets to be his first teacher, he’s a force to be reckoned with.
- How old are you? Four.
- What is your favorite color? Pink.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Zoo protector.
- What is your favorite animal? Flamingos & cheetahs.
- What is your favorite food? Chicken.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Strawberries.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut butter on a spoon.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? Chicken and rice.
- What is your favorite thing to drink? Orange juice.
- Who is your best friend? Maddie. And Lucas.
- What is your favorite toy? Rancor rumble.
- What is your favorite TV show? Hmmm…Oddbots
- What is your favorite movie? Trolls.
- What is your favorite book? The Hobbit.
- What is your favorite thing to do? Crafts. And collecting money.
- What is your favorite thing to do with your family? Going on vacation. Like to Milwaukee.
- What is your favorite holiday? Halloween.
- What is your favorite thing to wear? Superhero shirts.