We have a three month old, who Henry affectionately refers to as “His baby!” All of us love Elliot so much – it would be impossible not to, since his go to mood is smiley and calm. This kid really cannot stop smiling – he interrupts nursing sessions to smile up at me like I’m the best person ever, he smiles at his brother getting in his face to play with him, and he smiles at everyone who makes goofy faces trying to get him to smile.
He is up for 1.5 to 2 hours at a time during the day, followed by naps 30 minutes to three hours long. Currently, his longest nap is in the afternoon, and I’m always thankful when it occurs during Henry’s afternoon nap (so I get a nap in, too!) He falls asleep for the night between 8:30 and 10, and then gives us an awesome 5-6 hour stretch of sleep, followed by a couple more three hour blocks. I’m getting up to nurse him 2 to 3 times a night; it’s nice to have predictability (I know it’s only a matter of time before it all changes, haha, so I’m embracing the moment!)
- Looking at his reflection in the swing’s mobile – he literally laughs out loud and can’t get over his reflection
- Intentionally reaching for and grabbing objects like his plastic rings, Oball, and Muslin blankets
- Tummy time – he easily raises his head 90 degrees and holds it steady (he’s very strong, maybe because he really wants to play with Henry)
- People’s faces
- Being held and loved – this is his favorite; he loves cuddling
- Henry screaming in his face
- Baths (sometimes)
- His car seat
Other motor milestones include him rolling from front to back (only twice, by accident), rolling from his back to his side (his preferred sleep position), talking by saying “ah-goo”, and bringing both hands together before cramming them in his mouth. He is a healthy and fun little guy!